- Represents all franchised new-car dealers — domestic and import — before Congress, federal agencies, the media and the general public;
- Provides education and guidance on regulatory matters;
- Represents dealers' interests with automobile and truck manufacturers;
- Develops research data on the retail automobile industry;
- Offers extensive training programs to improve dealership business operations, sales and service practices; and
- Operates a foundation that distributes dealer-donated funds to worthy charitable causes.